The Legal Manager/Paralegal will be required to manage the patent portfolio of the firm’s clients and provide legal support to the lawyers in the IP&T practice.
Dept / Practice Area
- Intellectual Property and Technology
- File Opening Procedures, including conflict checks and client / matter data input.
- Conduct patent searches
- Prosecution patent applications and assist with trade marks and registered designs applications.
- Assist in IP due diligence exercise
- Electronic filing of prescribed forms with IPOS.
- Draft correspondence with clients
- Draft letters and submissions to IPOS.
- Manage matter deadlines and monitor progress of matters
- Conduct legal research
- Handle legal related queries.
- Manage patent portfolio of clients and submit regular status reports.
- Issue invoices and monitor payments and send reminders to clients on outstanding bills.
- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma in Law & Management/ Paralegal Studies
- Prior relevant working experience over a 2-year period in a law firm or patent agent office.
- An effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with a good command of English.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliver quality work under pressure and within deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to build good working relationships with people at all levels
- A team player