A partner undertakes fee-earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the practice as well as undertake management responsibilities and business development activity to ensure the successful development of the Firm in line with its business plan.
Dept / Practice Area
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate and Securities (Tax, Equity & Debt Capital Markets, Wealth / Asset Management, M&A)
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution (Building & Construction, Insurance, Shipping & Admiralty and Insolvency & Recoveries)
- Real Estate (Corporate Real Estate, Retail and Consumer Real Estate)
- Tax and Trusts
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Firm and client documentation and information.
- To maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care.
- To maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- To adhere to the agreed Firm procedures as determined from time to time.
- To achieve agreed financial targets, both in respect of fee income and the recording of chargeable hours.
- To provide advice, guidance and thorough supervision to subordinate fee-earners and support staff within an area of responsibility delegated to the partner.
- To develop leadership skills and the ability to optimise team performance.
- Through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and Firm.
- To monitor and help develop systems and procedures within the partner’s work area, including the use of technology.
- To market the Firm’s client services.
- To assist in the development of new products and service opportunities.
- To undertake compliance with and to be fully aware of all aspects of requirements imposed on a Partner by statutory and Law Society rules and regulations.
- To comply faithfully in all respects with the impositions of the partnership deed and all resolutions, directions or request from anybody or group exercising the delegated authority of the partners.
- To encourage and promote the image and ethos of the Firm.
- To actively seek ways to contribute to the continuing evolution and development of the Firm.
- To have special regard for the needs and interests of any member of staff within an area of responsibility delegated to the partner.
- To advise and supervise any member of staff and especially within an area of responsibility delegated to the partner.
- To contribute towards training both in respect of staff and own self-development.
- To undertake both staff and partner appraisals.
- To communicate the needs of the partnership especially to all members of the staff within an area of responsibility delegated to the partner.
- To undertake any specified management responsibility.
- To be familiar with and comply with the requirements of the Firm’s Office Manual and Quality Standards procedures.
- Admission as an Advocate & Solicitor of Singapore.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ post-admission experience in the relevant areas of practice.
- Strong commercial sense.
- Ability to motivate and inspire other fee earners, i.e. Associates and Senior Associates, to deliver business goals and change behaviour where required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliver quality work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to build good working relationships with people at all levels.