Dept / Practice Area
• Ensure the confidentiality and security of all Firm and client documentation and information.
• Maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care.
• Maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
• Adhere to the agreed Firm procedures as determined from time to time.
• Achieve agreed financial targets, both in respect of fee income and the recording of chargeable hours.
• Provide advice, guidance and thorough supervision to subordinate fee-earners and support staff within an area of responsibility delegated to the partner.
• Develop leadership skills and the ability to optimise team performance.
• Keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and Firm through training and other means.
• Monitor and help develop systems and procedures within the partner’s work area, including the use of technology.
• Market the Firm’s client services.
• Assist in the development of new products and service opportunities.
• Undertake compliance with and to be fully aware of all aspects of requirements imposed on a Partner by statutory and Law Society rules and regulations.
• Comply faithfully in all respects with the impositions of the partnership deed and all resolutions, directions or request from anybody or group exercising the delegated authority of the partners.
• Encourage and promote the image and ethos of the Firm.
• Actively seek ways to contribute to the continuing evolution and development of the Firm.
• Have special regard for the needs and interests of any member of staff within an area of responsibility delegated to the partner.
• Advise and supervise any member of staff and especially within an area of responsibility delegated to the partner.
• Contribute towards training both in respect of staff and own self-development.
• Undertake both staff and partner appraisals.
• Communicate the needs of the partnership especially to all members of the staff within an area of responsibility delegated to the partner.
• Undertake any specified management responsibility.
• Be familiar with and comply with the requirements of the Firm’s Office Manual and Quality Standards procedures.
• Admission as an Advocate & Solicitor of Singapore.
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ post-admission experience in the Capital Markets practice area
• Experience in corporate finance and capital markets transactions
• Experience in equity capital markets is essential
• Experience in debt capital markets is an added advantage
• Proficient in accounting & finance preferred
• Strong commercial sense
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deliver quality work under pressure and within deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to build good working relationships with people at all levels
• A team player