Senior Associate / Associate (Corporate)
The Senior Associate / Associate will undertake fee-earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the department in Capital Markets practice area.
- To manage all client work allocated by Supervising Partner or other partners.
- To manage work involving corporate finance, capital markets transactions (equity capital markets and debt capital markets), listing of equity and debt securities, post-listing corporate actions, debt and equity fund-raising, mergers and acquisitions.
- To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on progress and costs.
- To exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner at all times.
- To ensure confidentiality and security of all of the Firm’s and client documentation and information.
- To achieve agreed levels of billing and time recording.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of the Firm.
- To ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- To supervise, support and develop immediate support staff.
- To take responsibility for and attend to self-development.
- In conjunction with the Firm, to comply with the relevant training requirements of the Law Society and to assist with in-house training as may be required.
- In liaison with the Head of Department and other partners, to be active in promoting the services of the Firm and its image and ethos.
- Admission as an Advocate & Solicitor of Singapore.
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years’ post-admission experience in the Capital Markets practice area
- Experience in corporate finance and capital markets transactions
- Experience in equity capital markets is essential
- Experience in debt capital markets is an added advantage
- Proficient in accounting & finance preferred
- Strong commercial sense
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliver quality work under pressure and within deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to build good working relationships with people at all levels
- A team player